Wrangler Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Upper - JK & JL Shield
JcrOffroad's Shield Carrier is designed for those looking for a convenient one hand operated tire carrier for the Jeep Wrangler JK and JL.
- CNC cut and formed from 3/16" Steel.
- Two-way adjustable tire mount (Tire Height, Wheel Backspacing).
- Will bolt onto either our Vanguard or Crusader Rear Bumpers.
- Will accommodate up to a 38" Tire.
- Features JcrOffroad Bomb-proof spindle.
- Tailgate swinging operation.
- Easy Bolt-on Installation.
- Includes mounting hardware.
- Includes JcrOffroad Sticker.
- Hand built in the USA!
- Will not work with a body lift, use our Adventure carrier for that application.
- The tire mounts are designed for a wheel mount surface to tire sidewall distance of 5 - 8" (this should not be confused with backspacing, the tire sidewall will add extra width to your backspacing number.) The tire needs to be adjusted tightly against the carrier once installed to help stop vibrations from fatiguing the tire mount, carrier, or bumper. If your tire does not sit flat against your tire carrier when installed please contact us.
Looking for answers to common questions about us or our products? See our FAQ here.
3 Questions asked on Wrangler Tire Carrier | Shield Gate Swinging | Jeep Wrangler JL & JK (07-18) •
Ask us anything
Q Cary Richardson • 06/06/2020, 1:59:35 AM Can you please post or send me a direct side shop when the tailgate is closed on a JL? Thank you.
A 06/10/2020, 4:19:49 PM Photo added.
Q Karl Sanders • 07/13/2020, 9:20:06 PM Will this fit a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hardrock?
A 07/15/2020, 12:35:28 PM No, for that you would need part: JK10A-TCS-PC (https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JK10A-TCS-PC.html)
Q Mark Dennis • 08/18/2020, 11:51:23 PM What about the 3rd brake light? Is the oem light used? Thanks
A 08/20/2020, 1:03:29 PM Check out the kit LPRLC2 for 3rd brake light and other relocation needs (https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/LPRLC2.html)
4.67/5 Stars out of 12 Reviews
Write a Product Review: Wrangler Tire Carrier | Shield Gate Swinging | Jeep Wrangler JL & JK (07-18)
Pages 1 2
Anonymous | October 25th, 2017
Great design. Easy install. And very sexy. Love the one handed operation and the ability to mount a hi-lift and rotopax. The spindle with the Timken tapered roller bearings is beefy and I don't imagine I will ever have any issues with it. Kudos! robertwest
Anonymous | February 17th, 2017
I absolutely love the look and function of this. Great design, also got the 3rd brake light and hi lift mount which I also highly recommend doing. These guys know what there doing when it comes to designing and manufacturing jeep parts!