Wrangler Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Upper - JK & JL Shield
JcrOffroad's Shield Carrier is designed for those looking for a convenient one hand operated tire carrier for the Jeep Wrangler JK and JL.
- CNC cut and formed from 3/16" Steel.
- Two-way adjustable tire mount (Tire Height, Wheel Backspacing).
- Will bolt onto either our Vanguard or Crusader Rear Bumpers.
- Will accommodate up to a 38" Tire.
- Features JcrOffroad Bomb-proof spindle.
- Tailgate swinging operation.
- Easy Bolt-on Installation.
- Includes mounting hardware.
- Includes JcrOffroad Sticker.
- Hand built in the USA!
- Will not work with a body lift, use our Adventure carrier for that application.
- The tire mounts are designed for a wheel mount surface to tire sidewall distance of 5 - 8" (this should not be confused with backspacing, the tire sidewall will add extra width to your backspacing number.) The tire needs to be adjusted tightly against the carrier once installed to help stop vibrations from fatiguing the tire mount, carrier, or bumper. If your tire does not sit flat against your tire carrier when installed please contact us.
Looking for answers to common questions about us or our products? See our FAQ here.
3 Questions asked on Wrangler Tire Carrier | Shield Gate Swinging | Jeep Wrangler JL & JK (07-18) •
Ask us anything
Q Cary Richardson • 06/06/2020, 1:59:35 AM Can you please post or send me a direct side shop when the tailgate is closed on a JL? Thank you.
A 06/10/2020, 4:19:49 PM Photo added.
Q Karl Sanders • 07/13/2020, 9:20:06 PM Will this fit a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hardrock?
A 07/15/2020, 12:35:28 PM No, for that you would need part: JK10A-TCS-PC (https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JK10A-TCS-PC.html)
Q Mark Dennis • 08/18/2020, 11:51:23 PM What about the 3rd brake light? Is the oem light used? Thanks
A 08/20/2020, 1:03:29 PM Check out the kit LPRLC2 for 3rd brake light and other relocation needs (https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/LPRLC2.html)
Currently Viewing Reviews with a rating of 2. Click here to reset.
4.67/5 Stars out of 12 Reviews
Write a Product Review: Wrangler Tire Carrier | Shield Gate Swinging | Jeep Wrangler JL & JK (07-18)
Jim (Minneapolis, MN) | April 29th, 2020
This was part of an larger order, front, rear, skid plate and tire carrier. There is no doubt that the craftsmen that physically built this bumper have pride in ownership. Welds are clean as they come, with a nice balance of non-perfection that hand welding provides. Finish was good, but not as durable as one sees in other manufactured baked finishes. For as nice as this was built, it was one of the worse engineered products I have seen in a while. The mechanics are the pits. Simple doesn't make good sense. The metal shield bolted directly on a painted surface is sickling, especially for a new car. Then to remove the water shields to allow water to come into the rear door amazes me that JCR would allow this out of their Q&A department. It simply does not make sense. I spent days re-engineering proper water management for the shield, and then better wiring for the apex of the swing of the carrier. Finally a detachable pin that allows me to open the tire carrier separate from the door so I can actually get the door fully open. Lastly, I needed to put the license plate in a better spot not to cover my expensive rims (my choice, not a flaw of the product). Lastly to move my lug-nuts from metric to SAE is a JOKE. Why in the world would I want to have different lug nuts on my spare tire than that of the vehicle??? Not to mention a different locking lug? I spent another $100 to get around that issue as well. All in all, this was a disappointment, and I really should have made a different choice for tire carrier. Mechanically it's a nightmare, engineering wise not thought out at all. All in all, checks the 'quality' box as an A+. Well thought out box a 'F'. Finish a 'B+', packaging a 'A'.