Wrangler Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Upper - JK & JL Shield
JcrOffroad's Shield Carrier is designed for those looking for a convenient one hand operated tire carrier for the Jeep Wrangler JK and JL.
- CNC cut and formed from 3/16" Steel.
- Two-way adjustable tire mount (Tire Height, Wheel Backspacing).
- Will bolt onto either our Vanguard or Crusader Rear Bumpers.
- Will accommodate up to a 38" Tire.
- Features JcrOffroad Bomb-proof spindle.
- Tailgate swinging operation.
- Easy Bolt-on Installation.
- Includes mounting hardware.
- Includes JcrOffroad Sticker.
- Hand built in the USA!
- Will not work with a body lift, use our Adventure carrier for that application.
- The tire mounts are designed for a wheel mount surface to tire sidewall distance of 5 - 8" (this should not be confused with backspacing, the tire sidewall will add extra width to your backspacing number.) The tire needs to be adjusted tightly against the carrier once installed to help stop vibrations from fatiguing the tire mount, carrier, or bumper. If your tire does not sit flat against your tire carrier when installed please contact us.
Looking for answers to common questions about us or our products? See our FAQ here.
3 Questions asked on Wrangler Tire Carrier | Shield Gate Swinging | Jeep Wrangler JL & JK (07-18) •
Ask us anything
Q Cary Richardson • 06/06/2020, 1:59:35 AM Can you please post or send me a direct side shop when the tailgate is closed on a JL? Thank you.
A 06/10/2020, 4:19:49 PM Photo added.
Q Karl Sanders • 07/13/2020, 9:20:06 PM Will this fit a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hardrock?
A 07/15/2020, 12:35:28 PM No, for that you would need part: JK10A-TCS-PC (https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JK10A-TCS-PC.html)
Q Mark Dennis • 08/18/2020, 11:51:23 PM What about the 3rd brake light? Is the oem light used? Thanks
A 08/20/2020, 1:03:29 PM Check out the kit LPRLC2 for 3rd brake light and other relocation needs (https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/LPRLC2.html)
Currently Viewing Reviews with a rating of 4. Click here to reset.
4.67/5 Stars out of 12 Reviews
Write a Product Review: Wrangler Tire Carrier | Shield Gate Swinging | Jeep Wrangler JL & JK (07-18)
Anonymous | September 25th, 2016
There aren't many one-handed operating bumpers out on the market which is why I chose this one after asking around. Assembling the bearing, JCR LED brake light, and heim joint were easy. My only problem is after countless hours adjusting the heim length, my spare rattles "more like rumbles" and squeaks over every little bump in the road. So my solution was to put weather stripping in the V of the isolator which so far seems to be working, only time will tell.