HD Tail Light Housings (84-01) - XJ Cherokee
The HD Tail Light Housings upgrade your factory tail lights to something that can handle the rigors of 4-wheeling.
- CNC Cut and formed from 1/8" steel.
- Fits 2-door and 4-door Jeep Cherokees, 1984-2001.
- Sold in Pairs.
- Drilling required, but easily installed.
- Light sold separately.
- Includes mounting hardware.
- Includes JcrOffroad Sticker.
- Hand-built in the USA!
Designed for standard size flange mount LEDs. We've had good luck with lamps from Super Bright LED
- Stop/Tail Lamps - (2 qty) - 2x6" Oval Red | Super Bright Part# PTF-R56
- Turn signal (or reverse*) - (2 qty) - 2.5" Round Amber or White LEDs | Super Bright Part# M4F-A13 or M4F-W13
- *A converter is needed for adding reverse lights. Tekonsha Part# 119130 will work. This will allow you to wire the Stop/Tail lamps above into Stop/Tail/Turn to free up the lower 2.5" hole for white reverse lamps.
- Side Marker - (2 qty) - 2" Round Red LEDs - Super Bright Part# M5F-R9
- Often, plugs are not included with LEDs, depending on supplier. If you are using the Super Bright lamps above you will need (2 qty) part# PL-2S.
- Flange mount LEDs don't typically have a standard bolt pattern between manufacturers, but most are easily drilled to match our light housings.
Looking for answers to common questions about us or our products? See our FAQ here.
No Questions asked yet!
Ask us anything
5.00/5 Stars out of 6 Reviews
Write a Product Review: Jeep Cherokee Tail Lights | HD LED Tail Light Housings | Jeep XJ (84-01)
Johnathan Christian (North Plainfield, NJ) | February 19th, 2020
I love the quality and design of the housings, but honestly not really pleased with the lights JRC recommended, it took a lot of modification to make the LED’s fit these housings for my 96’ Cherokee.
Les (TN) | October 30th, 2019
Received the tail lights and armor in good packaging with all parts to asemble. It took approximately six hours from start to finish, that time included removing the original lights, painting the armor, splicing wire harnesses, and install. They look great and bright, just what I was wanting.
Anonymous | January 15th, 2016
Very nice looking lights easy to install hit a tree with it backing up no damage really holds up bojko54
Anonymous | January 23rd, 2016
I love to wheel my rig hard but I kept breaking my tail light housings on trees and rocks. Its hard to find anything better on the web. These tail lights are very tough and well worth the money! oldspowerplant455
Anonymous | February 17th, 2017
Strong, resilient and looks fantastic. I combined the JCR Taillight housing with the LED Light kit and the results were fantastic. I've taken several direct strikes to them on the trails and there is barely a scratch on them. I really like the look as well. Instalation went smoothly, although it does take some time to figure out the wiring. A little YouTube goes a long way. I recommend watching Bleepin Jeep'so video on the install and wiring. It makes the whole process a lot less confusing. Great product!!!
Anonymous | December 31st, 2016
These were in a box with the 00 XJ I bought. After a few months i decided to put them to use and i wish i didn't wait. These look amazing, great quality, and the fitment can't be beat.